HighGear is a leader in the rapidly growing no-code workflow sector, which is a key segment of the low-code market that Forrester says will reach $21 billion by 2022. Our visual workflow capabilities lead the market without compromising ease of use like many advanced software products do. Our team is filled with highly committed and experienced team players, with near-zero turnover. We want to learn from you, and we are excited to help you grow!
We are looking for a software engineer to join our core product team in Frederick, MD. You will work with our product and sales teams to plan, design, and build integrations between HighGear and other systems that our customers use. And you will interact directly with customers to learn their needs and design integrations that they will love. This unique role will allow you to work in a wide variety of technologies to integrate HighGear with many other products, while also contributing to and influencing the core HighGear product and assisting the team to maintain our enterprise-grade scalability, security, and quality standards.
We have world-class clients like Beazley, Baillie Gifford, LSC Communications, NASA, and many other industry giants that we aren’t allowed to mention! They love us because we don’t just deliver our product and then forget about them – we truly learn their needs and go above and beyond to help them succeed.
Our most important criterion is a strong cultural fit. We have a great culture and are proud to be guided by the faith-based principles of honesty, decency, excellence, and service. We have the innovative culture and customer focus of a startup, but we are a profitable and mature company with careful financial management and strong cash reserves. And instead of fighting traffic every day, you can work close to home in a great place to live!
If you (or anyone you know) are interested this position, please contact us at email@example.com or click here:
Compensation & Benefits
- Salary for this position is $75k to $100k depending on qualifications and experience
- 401(k) with 4% match
- Employee profit sharing plan
- Heavily subsidized healthcare for you and your family, including dental and vision coverage
- Health Savings Account with a 2-for-1 contribution match up to IRS limits
- 24 days of flexible PTO per year
- Able to understand business needs and constraints and address them effectively
- Able to engineer thorough solutions to complex problems
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Takes responsibility to resolve problems
- Focused on making customers successful
- Excited to work in our technical stack: C#, F#, TypeScript, React, SQL, ASP.NET
- Must be willing to work in the Frederick office full time
- Must be a US citizen or permanent resident
- 3+ years of professional software engineering experience including 1+ years of web development
- Nice to have: Experience with REST APIs, OData, and/or GraphQL
- Nice to have: Experience with workflow or business process management
- Nice to have: Experience with business intelligence/reporting
- College degree not required, but relevant college experience will be considered