One of HighGear’s powerful Enterprise-only features is SAML 2.0 integration. SAML stands for Security Assertion Markup Language and allows you to give your users a Single Sign-On experience in HighGear.
This support article will explain how to integrate Google Cloud Identity with your HighGear system for Single Sign-On.
Please refer to this article on the Google site for a step-by-step guide through their interface:
The following sections will explain how the different parts of configuration connect between Google and HighGear. So you will also need to be logged in to HighGear and on the Single Sign-On Settings page. To get to that page, open the Administration menu and click the Single Sign-On Settings menu item.
- You should be on Step 2 of setting up a custom SAML app in the Google interface.
- At the Google IdP Information screen under Option 1, copy the SSO URL into the Single Sign-On (SSO) URL field in HighGear.
- In the same Google IdP Information screen, there should be an Entity ID field. Copy its value to the Identity Provider Entity ID in HighGear.
- Download the certificate. Open the file in Notepad, copy its contents and paste it into the Identity Provider Certificate field in HighGear.
- You should be on Step 4 of setting up a custom SAML app in the Google interface.
- Copy the Assertion Consumer Service (ACS) URL from the Single Sign-On Settings page in HighGear and paste it into Google’s ACS URL field.
- Copy the Service Provider Entity ID from HighGear and paste it into the Entity ID field in Google.
To configure the remaining fields in HighGear, i.e. HighGear Certificate and HighGear Certificate Password, please contact the HighGear Support team (support@HighGear.com) and ask for your HighGear Single Sign-On Certificate.