One of HighGear’s powerful Enterprise-only features is SAML 2.0 integration. SAML stands for Security Assertion Markup Language and allows you to give your users a Single Sign-On experience in HighGear.
This support article will explain how to integrate Okta with your HighGear system for Single Sign-On.
Please refer to this article on the Okta site for a step-by-step guide through their interface:
The following sections will explain how the different parts of configuration connect between Okta and HighGear. So you will also need to be logged in to HighGear and on the Single Sign-On Settings page. To get to that page, open the Administration menu and click the Single Sign-On Settings menu item.
- Copy the Assertion Consumer Service (ACS) URL from the Single Sign-On Settings page in HighGear and paste it into Okta’s Single sign on URL field.
- Copy the Service Provider Entity ID from HighGear and paste it into the Audience URI (SP Entity ID) field in Okta.
- Finish registering your application within Okta and then click the View Setup Instructions button in Okta.
- Copy the Identity Provider Single Sign-On URL from Okta and paste it into the Single Sign-On (SSO) URL field in HighGear.
- Copy the Identity Provider Single Logout URL from Okta and paste it into the Single Logout (SLO) URL field in HighGear.
- Copy the Identity Provider Issuer from Okta and paste it into the Identity Provider Entity ID in HighGear.
- Copy the X.509 Certificate from Okta and paste it into the Identity Provider Certificate field in HighGear.
To configure the remaining fields in HighGear, i.e. HighGear Certificate and HighGear Certificate Password, please contact the HighGear Support team (support@HighGear.com) and ask for your HighGear Single Sign-On Certificate.