Swift Software is excited to announce the release of JobTraQ version X5.12.6. This latest version includes our new Mobile Interface Module, which must be licensed separately. Our customers who beta-tested this new module will automatically be upgraded to the production version when they run this upgrade, and will receive a permanent mobile module license as a thank you for their support of our beta program.
This new version also includes new enhancements to help your users manage their daily schedules, and a few small enhancements and performance improvements requested by customers and partners.
SQL Server Compatibility Notice
All previous versions of JobTraQ BPM software have supported SQL Server 2000, 2005, and 2008. This is still the case for JobTraQ X5.12.6, but JobTraQ X5.13 and all future versions will require SQL Server 2005 or later. This change will allow us to take advantage of new SQL Server features to improve performance and reliability. We will continue to support JobTraQ X5.12.6 and prior versions on SQL Server 2000 until April 2013, when Microsoft will discontinue support for all versions of SQL Server 2000.
Appointments in JobTraQ Mobile: Users can now create and edit appointments and tasks directly from the JobTraQ Mobile calendar.
- JobTraQ Mobile is compatible with Apple’s iOS 3 or later, Google’s Android 1.5 or later, BlackBerry OS 6, and the Bolt web browser for BlackBerry OS 5.
- Important Note: The mobile module requires Microsoft .NET 3.5 SP1 to be installed on the JobTraQ server.
New Dashboard widget: The JobTraQ Dashboard now includes a new widget that shows each user all of the tasks and appointments that are scheduled for today or tomorrow.
- JobTraQ Mobile now loads large lists and complex task forms more quickly.
- The JobTraQ Mobile dashboard now includes small “quick view” icons to indicate the number of running timers and tasks that are due soon.
- The JobTraQ Mobile home page now includes a small “quick view” icon on the Calendar button to indicate the number of appointments and tasks scheduled for today.
- The Current Tasks section of the daily update emails is now called “Today’s Schedule”, and includes all tasks and appointments that are scheduled for the coming day.
- The Name column in the Task Type administration page is now wider, to make it easier to find a specific task type.
- The icons for unsaved tasks and projects have been color-coded to make them more noticeable.