The following is a basic set of minimum requirements for the HighGear server system. A more advanced coverage of the topic and a checklist is available in the HighGear Installation Requirements Checklist support document.
Supported Operating Systems
- Windows Server 2016 (recommended)
- Windows Server 2012 R2 (recommended)
- Windows Server 2012
- Windows Server 2008 R2
Supported Database Servers
- SQL Server 2016 (recommended)
- SQL Server 2014 (recommended)
- SQL Server 2012 (recommended)
- SQL Server 2008 R2
- SQL Server 2008
Other Required Server Software
- IIS 7.0 or later (Follow these steps to install prerequisites for Windows 2008 or Windows 2012+)
- .NET Framework 4.6.2 or later
Note that IIS and SQL Server are not required to be on the same server.
Minimum Recommended Server Hardware
- Quad-core server CPU
- 20GB available disk space
- 8GB RAM
Enterprise systems supporting many simultaneous users may wish to contact support for advice on server requirements based on expected loads.
HighGear is compatible with any of the following web browsers. The computer’s operating system does not matter.
- Internet Explorer 9 and later
- Some cosmetic issues may occur in Internet Explorer 9 and 10, but all features are fully functional.
- The Workflow Designer is not supported in Internet Explorer for any versions.
- Firefox 60 and later
- Safari 11 and later
- Chrome 62 and later
- Microsoft Edge 42 and later